I am still on a pie kick, but I hadn't made a beef pot pie. So, since babe loves beef, I put beef pot pie on the menu.
This recipe is pretty simple. I put the beef in the crockpot for a few hours and then threw the rest of the ingredients together shortly before dinner and served with a simple salad.
Beef Pot Pie
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 lb cross cut beef roast (London Broil)
- 2 C beef broth
- 3/4 C balsamic vinegar
- 1 box prepared pie crust
- 1 packet mushroom gravy (prepared)
- 1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (you may not need this)
- 2 C frozen peas and carrots
- Salt and pepper both sides of beef
- Sear both sides of beef in skillet until brown on each side
- Place beef in crockpot and cover with broth and balsamic vinegar
- Cook on low 3 hours
- Remove beef from crockpot and shred.
- Set beef aside
- Prepare mushroom gravy
- Add cornstarch to thicken if necessary
- Add worcestershire sauce and cook for a few minutes
- Add in vegetables and cook until warmed through.
- Stir in shredded beef
- Pour mixture into prepared pie crust and cover with second crust
- Place pie in preheated 400 degree oven and cook for 30-45 minutes
This is a really easy recipe. Some modifications to consider are making a rue with flour and beef broth for the gravy, adding in fresh sliced mushrooms, eliminate the balsamic vinegar etc. You could also use left over prepared beef or even ground beef.
It's really easy to make it your own.