Babe loved this dish (he ate 3 plates of it!). I was a little worried because he detests mushrooms, but he ate around them. This is a hearty, wintertime meal. It is rich and comforting.
- 3-4 lbs chuck roast (cut into cubes)
- 1-1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 C beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 small carrots, peeled and cut
- 15 oz can of tomato sauce
- 2 packages of mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 C sour cream
- Trim excess fat from beef and cube (Babe, my sous chef, did a great job here)
- Season with paprika, salt and pepper
- Brown seasoned beef in vegetable oil in a dutch oven over medium heat, about 15 minutes
- Add in beef broth and bay leaf, then simmer for 2 hours or until beef is tender
- Add in onions and carrots
- Then add in tomato sauce, mushrooms, and onion powder.
- Cover and simmer another hour, until vegetable are tender
- Stir in parsley.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream
- Serve over buttered egg noodles
Thank you Jen! This came out great and is so yummy!