There are a lot of ways to adapt this recipe and make it your own. Basically, it can be done any way that you love tacos or taco salad!
- Refrigerated pie crust ( I used what I had on hand, but it could be homemade, with tortillas or even ground chips).
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 C onion, diced
- 1/2 C favorite salsa
- 1 packet taco seasoning (you could also make your own)
- 1 C shredded cheese
- shredded lettuce
- roma tomato, diced
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350
- Put crust in pie plate and sprinkle with a little taco seasoning and bake for 7 minutes
- Brown beef and onion in skillet until done
- Add salsa and taco seasoning and cook for 3-5 minutes
- Remove pie from oven and pour mixture into plate
- Cover top with cheese and return to oven for 15 minutes
- Remove from oven, cover with shredded lettuce and tomato
- Let cool for 5 minutes and serve with sour cream and extra salsa
This was so easy! Babe was super anxious to eat it and frankly drove me a little nuts with his hovering! I am sure that it will all be gone by the end of the day!
Hope you like this as much as I did and make it all your own!