This morning is Christmas Eve. I didn't want to do the same old, same old... So I got creative in the kitchen. I happened to have some pre-made crust in the refrigerator, so I did an EGG PIE! Or, quiche as normal people would call it,
Babe went to town and ate more of it that I expected (even before I could photograph!).
Christmas Breakfast Quiche
- Favorite pie crust (of course you can make your own, but I'm lazy)
- 4-6 slices of bacon, cooked and choppped
- 1 green onion (sliced, white an green parts)
- 1/2 C shredded cheese
- 6 eggs, beaten with 2 tbsp of milk
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Place crust in your favorite pie plate (I used glass)
- In bottom of plate, sprinkle bacon and onions
- Then toss in the cheese
- Over the top of all, pour in eggs and milk
- Bake 40 minutes (until eggs are set and a knife comes out clean)
- Slice and enjoy
This is the simplest method ever. It works with many different combinations. I think the first time I made it was caprese style. Regardless, it's all delicious!