Last night, I was craving something similar. However, I wasn't feeling the sandwich route. So I made this little riff on my favorite sandwich with this!
Smoked Sausage with Potatoes
This recipe couldn't be easier. It took only about 20 minutes to pull together. I served with with yellow mustard and pickle relish as condiments (that way all my favorite flavors were still there). I also added a simple garden side salad.
Also, I have to thank my babe for being the best sous chef ever! I can never slice onions or potatoes as thin as he can.
1 tbsp olive oil
4-5 small red potatoes, sliced thinly
14oz pork kielbasa sausage ( I found a gluten, nitrate free one)
1 small onion, sliced
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1-1/2 tsp poultry seasoning (or sage)
Rosemary for garnish (optional)
- Cook thinly sliced potatoes over medium high heat in large skillet, coated in olive oil. I tried to get mine as much in a single layer as I could, so I could get some brown bits. It took about 10 minutes flipping halfway through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Put onion, kielbasa, garlic and poultry seasoning in pan and cook about 5 minutes until onions are translucent
- Add potatoes back to pan and cook all together a little longer to combine flavors
- Transfer to serving dish and garnish if desired.
- Serve with favorite condiments!
This serves about 4-6 people depending on portion size. We have some leftovers, so I am thinking it will be a yummy lunch!
I hope you enjoy!