How is babe going to deal? Not sure, but I have some great ideas for upcoming dinners that he'll love . I know it!
This is a more complex recipe, I won't lie, But, good news is that it can be made in advance and kept in the refrigerator for a couple days, Yippee!
Sausage and Spinach Stuffed Shells
1 box shell pasta
1 lb hot italian sausage, removed from casing
1/2 C onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced ( the more the better in my opinion)
1 egg, beaten
15 oz ricotta cheese
1/2 C parmesan cheese
1 C mozzarella cheese, divided
10oz chopped spinach, defrosted
salt and pepper to taste
24-32 oz of prepared marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 350
- Boil pasta in salted water about 10 minutes ( a little under cooked), Drain, and set aside to cool
- In a skillet cook onion until soft (5 minutes or so)
- Add sausage and cook through until no longer pink
- Add garlic and saute for about 1 minute until fragrant
- Set aside to cool
- In a large bowl, stir together egg, spinach, ricotta cheese, parmesan, 2/3 of mozzerella.
- Add sausage mixture and stir to combine
- Take prepared shells and stuff with the yumminess and place in a cooking dish ( I use a high sided casserole dish) with about 1 cup of sauce poured in bottom, Then pour the rest of sauce over top
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes
- Removed foil, sprinkle shells with rest of cheese and bake for another 10 minutes until cheese is bubbly!
- Serve with garlic bread and a salad.
If you happen to not make all the shells and have left over stuffing my favorite way to use is either with lasagna roll ups, or even just heated up and eaten straight!