Pan Seared Tri tip, Sweet Potato Hash and Brussel Sprouts
For the steak I made a quick marinade
Chipotle Chili Powder
**Put all ingredients (including steak) into a large zip top bag and marinade in refrigerator minimum 30 minutes up to 24 hours
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Melt 1 tbsp butter or olive oil in oven proof skillet over medium high heat
- Sear steaks 3-4 minutes per side to develop nice crust
- Transfer steaks to oven and cook about 15 minutes or until desired degree of doneness
Sweet Potato Hash
2-3 sweet potatoes, cleaned and diced
2-3 slices bacon chopped
Chipotle Chili powder
- In a large bowl, toss together all ingredients
- Spread all on a foil lined sheet pan and cook 30 minutes at 400 degrees (tossing again about halfway through).
1lb brussel sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
1/3 cup onion, diced
2-3 slices of bacon chopped
Salt and Pepper
- In a large bowl, toss together all ingredients until coated
- Spread on a foil lined sheet pan and cook about 30 minutes at 400 degrees (toss again about halfway through).
Such a simple method to make a great dinner in 30 minutes. And everything is better with bacon...even brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes! I didn't really include quantities because this can easily be adjusted for the number of people being served.
Enjoy! And be brave!