Tonight, I am not going to be home for dinner. But, I wanted to make sure that there was something ready for babe to heat up. Not that he isn't capable of making food for himself, because he is. He actually is a fantastic cook and I love when he cooks for me. I remember the first year we were together, before we were cohabiting, I would drive up to Fort Collins and babe had always made a great dinner for me! Beef stew and pork green chili are just some of my favorites. But my babe has been really stressed at work this week and I want to keep things a simple as I can.
This recipe is delicious. It has only 6 ingredients and just 245 calories per serving. Yes, it has cheese, and yes, I had some. It was awesome... I told you, it's a work in progress!
Creamy Chicken Cutlets
1lb chicken breasts, thin cutlets
1 shallot, chopped
5 light garlic and herb cheese wedges (like Laughing Cow)
1/2 c chicken stock
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and saute in olive oil until done, about 7-10 minutes depending on thickness
- Remove chicken and set aside
- Saute shallot about 1 minute
- Add in stock, cheese and lemon juice.
- Stir until combined
- Add in basil plus salt and pepper to taste
- To serve, plate chicken, then spoon sauce over top. Pair with a nice salad and a glass of white wine! (Ok, that would be me on the wine.)
Hope you enjoy!